Driving Tips: Parking Safety
Safety is important to safeguard you, your vehicle and your most
- Always lock your vehicle.
- Keep your windows completely closed.
- If parking during the evening, find a spot in the most well-lit
area of the parking lot.
- ALways consider your path of travel to and from your vehicle
and park in an area that will allow you to walk to your destination
along the most well traveled and well lit sidewalks.
- Do not park in isolated locations or behind obstructions that
block you from the view of others.
- Consider the time when you will return to your vehicle when
choosing a parking location. It may be dark when you return. It
is often advisable to relocate your vehicle before dark to a closer
parking space for your return after dark.
- Be aware! As you approach your vehicle, observe
everything and look for things out of the ordinary. Also, check
inside both front and back seat before you get inside.
- Have your keys in hand as you approach your vehicle. Don't linger,
get right in and then immediately lock your car.
- Trust your instincts and seek help at the first sign of danger.
- If possible, ask a friend to accompany you to your vehicle.
- Carry small loads, and keep your hands free.
- Avoid parking beside large vehicles such as trucks or vans which
can provide a convenient shield from eye-witnesses.
- Never leave your mail visible within your vehicle, your address
will provide a clue as to whether you are mail or female, and
give anyone information as to your home address.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Walk with confidence and purpose.
When a criminal selects a victim, in many cases they're looking
for someone who appears vulnerable or out of place.
- Do not leave tempting valuables or property visible inside your
vehicle. Lock these items out of sight in your trunk or leave
them at home.
More Driving Tips:
to Home Page
DISCLAIMER: The Road Ragers Web Site is intended to
create a safe environment for frustrated drivers to vent disapproval of what they
witness on the streets and highways. We would like to point out that the purpose
of this site is intended for general information and entertainment purposes only.
Since the operators of this site accept anonymous reports from the public, the
accuracy or meaning of the information on this site is not guaranteed. Although
RoadRagers.Com attempts to discourage users from making fraudulent claims, reports
submitted to this site are accepted as the alleged opinions of those submitting
the reports. For information on our policy concerning the data that this site
collects from you the user, please view our privacy